The Policy was last updated on April 4, 2022.
This Policy explains what Personal Information we collect about you, with whom we share it, and how you can elect in certain situations to not share information with third parties. “Personal Information” refers to information such as name and email that can be used to identify you individually.
We may amend this Policy at any time, and whenever we do so we will notify you by posting a revised version on the Website. If, however, we plan to make a material change in the way we collect, use, or store your Personal Information, we will provide prior notice on our website, and by email. You will then have the chance to decide whether or not we will use or disclose your information in that new manner, whether though an “opt-out” procedure or by ending your relationship with us. Such changes will become effective, at the earliest, 30 days after the date of the email notifications.
We ask that minors refrain from using our Website or Service or submitting any Personal Information to us. Minors (those under the age of 18 years) are not eligible to use our Website or Service.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this Policy, you should contact us at https://www.cannabisstation.com/contact-us.
Information We Collect
We will collect the following information about you, which may include non-public Personal Information:
- Personal and financial Information you give us as a result of using the Service, such as your name, e-mail address and telephone number.
- Third party Personal Information you provide in order for us to facilitate a transfer of Services, such as the transferee’s full name, physical address, email address, and phone number. However, we will not contact your transferee except as instructed by you or as required to complete a transfer. This information is only used for the sole purpose of completing your request or for whatever reason it may have been provided.
- Information about your usage of the Service, including your transaction history, and how you use the Service.
- Information that we lawfully obtain from third parties, such as identity verification services, electronic database services.
- Information that we indirectly obtain from you, such as information about the hardware and software you use when accessing the Service, your IP address, cookies and the pages you access on this website, and other websites that you visit prior to accessing the Service.
- Statistics and analytics about the behavior of visitors to your website.
Technologies such as: cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by Cannabis Station and our marketing, analytics and risk partners or affiliates. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movements around the site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
As is true of most web sites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
We may combine this automatically collected log information with other information we collect about you. We do this to improve services we offer you.
We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML5 to store content information and preferences. Third parties with whom we partner to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 or Flash to collect and store information.
Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 LSOs. To manage Flash LSOs please click here.
We partner with a third party to manage our advertising on other sites. Our third party partner may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about your activities on this site and other sites in order to provide you advertising based upon your browsing activities and interests. If you wish to not have this information used for the purpose of serving you interest-based ads, you may opt-out by clicking here. Please note this does not opt you out of being served ads. You will continue to receive generic ads.
Why We Collect Information
We collect Personal and Non-Personal information for the following purposes:
- To process your requests.
- To verify your identity.
- To collect payment for your use of the Service.
- To track, improve and personalise our Services, content and advertising for your specific requirements.
- To troubleshoot problems with the Service.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as those relating to “know-your-customer,” terrorist financing, and anti-money laundering requirements.
- To detect and prevent fraud and other illegal uses of the Service.
- To create an account connection between your Cannabis Station account and a third-party account or platform (such as your online bank account);
- To send you marketing notices, service updates, and promotional offers.
- To collect survey information that will be used to monitor or improve the use of our Service and overall customer satisfaction.
We may transfer, store, and process your personal data in Canada, the United States and other international jurisdictions to provide you the Service and perform its obligations under this and related agreements. The applicable privacy laws of those other international jurisdictions may differ from those in Canada. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Service. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How We Share Information With Others
Nevertheless, we may share information about you (including non-public, Personal Information) with:
- Third-party service providers under contract with Cannabis Station that help us with our business operations, such as transaction and data processing, data storage, security, fraud prevention, and marketing, market research, and validation of information provided. These third parties are prohibited from using your information for their own separate business purposes.
- In the event of the sale, acquisition or merger of some or all of our assets, your Personal Information might be a part of the transferred assets. While you acknowledge that such transfer may occur and that the acquirer may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this Policy, we shall nonetheless notify you in the event of such an occurrence, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information, by placing a notice on our website.
- Law enforcement, government officials or other third parties, but only
- in connection with a formal request, subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure; and,
- Other third parties that you consent or direct, which may include you authorising an account linking for a third party service, account and/or platform.
- Information that we share with a third-party based on an account connection will be used and disclosed in accordance with the third-party’s privacy practices. Before authorizing an account connection, you should review the privacy notice of any third-party that will gain access to your personal information as part of the account connection.
Access To Your Information
You can access, modify, delete or update your Personal Information submitted on our Website by logging into your account and changing your preferences, by emailing our Customer Support at email@example.com, or by contacting us by telephone at the contact information listed below. We will respond to your request to access within a reasonable timeframe.
We employ industry accepted standards in protecting the information you submit to us on our Website. We have put in place SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption technology to protect your sensitive information transmitted through our Website. We also require a username and password or account information from each user who wants to access their information on our Website. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Web site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may opt-out from promotional emails to you by selecting the “Unsubscribe” function present in each promotional email we send you. As we are required to contact you in certain occasions, such as to provide confirmation of a transaction, changes in account details, or to verify your identify, you may not opt-out of all emails.
Links to 3rd Party Sites
Third Party Widgets & Social Media Widgets
If you choose to use our referral service to tell a friend, family member, or other personal connection about our site, we will ask you for their name and email address. We will automatically send your friend an email and at most one reminder email inviting him or her to visit the site. Cannabis Station stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this email and tracking the success of your referral.
Your friend may request that we remove this information from our database by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you have a complaint, contact Cannabis Station Customer Service, online at www.cannabisstation.com/contact-us; by phone +1 844-674-0995; or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can contact us with any questions or concerns at:
Toll-Free Phone: +1 844-674-0995